French toast is a favorite breakfast food in our house. Many years ago we combined a couple of recipes together to make one that we love best. In our opinion it is the nutmeg that gives it that extra special flavor that we love.
- 5 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3 Tbsps brown sugar
- 3/4tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- 12 slices of bread
- powdered sugar
- Combine all Mixture Ingredients in a large bowl.
- Use any type of bread you prefer (we usually use wheat bread) and dunk each piece, being sure to cover thoroughly on both sides, into the liquid mixture.
- After a piece of bread is coated place it into a shortening greased frying pan.
- Cook on medium heat until golden brown.
- Sprinkle cooked french toast with powdered sugar.
- Serve with syrup.