My mother-in-law appeared with cupcakes recently. Which may not be any big deal on most days, but this time she said she had used a new frosting – Cream Cheese Cookie Dough Frosting! All I can say is that she had me at cookie dough!
Cream Cheese Cookie Dough Frosting
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 5 Tbsp. butter, softened
- 1 envelope Dream Whip (comes in a box where baking supplies usually are in the grocery store. It is a whipped topping mix)
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. milk, more if needed
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- 3 cups powdered sugar, more if needed
- Cream softened cream cheese and butter together in a large bowl.
- Add brown sugar, vanilla, and Dream Whip – evenly beat together.
- Add milk, flour, powdered sugar – beat to evenly incorporate until smooth
- Stir in mini chocolate chips
NOTE: We have a friend who is quite the baker herself. She LOVED this recipe and suggested using it as cannoli filling, which she has done and says is fabulous as well!