10 Tips for Brainstorming Blog Ideas
Many years ago when I started blogging I had lots of trouble coming up with topics I thought were worthwhile, or even topics at all. As the years have progressed I have more ideas than I can possible write about! Even so I keep brainstorming blog ideas, and making lists, notes, etc. for new themes, and post topics.
Tips for Brainstorming Blog Ideas:
- Carry a notebook – I carry a spiral notebook and pen in my purse, that way whenever an ideas strikes I can get it down on paper before I forget it.
- Use a dictation device for hands free brainstorming. When I am driving and can’t write I use Dragon Dictation on my phone so I can simply talk my ideas into it for later.
- Keep ongoing lists – In my notebook I will keep topic lists, or I will write one idea per half page so I can continue to brainstorm on the topic until it feels like enough content to become a post.
- Look at at your life – blog about things you do or use, things that like and don’t like.
- Get personal and talk about the struggles you face – I am betting there are others that feel the same and would benefit even from just knowing they are not the only one.
- Share your opinion – we all have them! Find your voice and use it!
- Use your gifts, talents, areas you are interested in or feel knowledgeable about (gluten free, vegan, writing, teaching, sports, dyslexia, adoption, large families, only children, working mom, etc).
- As I once heard someone say, “Blog with the Target method.” Which means whatever season Target has rolled out in their stores, use that as a starting block. (4th of July, Back to School, Halloween, etc).
- Blog around the Seasons and Holidays – this is along the lines of the above Target method. Use the seasons and holidays to your advantage. Create a variety of posts for each season and holiday such as crafts, DIY projects, recipes, early learning printables, related books, activities, history and more.
- Take to the kitchen – Use your favorite recipes to create a food/recipe page on your blog. From beverages to desserts and everything in between!
*This post contains affiliate links. See my Disclosure Policy for more details.
10 Must Read Blog Tips for Beginners - Sarah M Schultz Designs
July 8, 2014 @ 8:02 am
[…] 10 Tips for Brainstorming Blog Ideas […]