Quick & Easy Mexican Chicken Fajitas
There seem to be few recipes that our entire family can agree on. Much to our surprise these Mexican Chicken Fajitas were a hit with everyone in our house. They were quick to make, not super spicy, but super flavorful!
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- 6 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast (cut into 1/2 inch strips)
- 1 green bell pepper (cut into thin strips)
- 1 red bell pepper (cut into thin strips)
- 4 Tbsp fresh lime juice
Ingredients to Serve With:
- 3 limes cut in wedges for serving
- 16 soft tortilla shells
- 1 jar of salsa
- shredded lettuce
- shredded cheddar cheese
- In a Ziplock bag combine chili powder, salt, cumin, onion powder, garlic powder, cornstarch, water, 4 Tbsp of oil, chicken and bell peppers. Knead contents to coat all evenly. Then refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Using remaining 2 Tbsp of oil, heat in large nonstick skillet.
- Empty contents of bag into the skillet and cook on medium-high heat until chicken is cooked through, about 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add lime juice.
- Serve with the ingredients in the Ingredients to Serve with section above.