Don’t Miss Anything! Subscribe to our newsletter to get the latest curriculum reviews and homeschool help. PLUS inspiring themes such as holidays, high school, unit studies, and more!

All About Bees Unit Study

All About Bees Unit Study

Spring is here and the bees have been invading us all around!  It has given us the perfect opportunity to learn about them.  Since we collected resources, and learned about them ourselves, I thought I would share our All About Bees Unit Study for others to enjoy.

All About Bees Unit Study from Starts At Eight

Like with most of our unit studies these days, this one began as whim of our little one and thus turned into a unit study.  We usually head off to library to gather books which we read over a period of a week or two.

Then we began putting all that information we learned together using this FREE All About Bees Lapbook from Homeschoolshare.  We created a video to show you the lapbook and tell you some of the things we learned about bees.

All About Bees Lapbook Video:

This book, The Bumble Bee Queen by April Pulley Sayre is a fantastic book with lots of information about bees in story form.  We had taken the physical book out of the library and then I found this one in video form that was such much fun to watch.

The Bumble Bee Queen Animated Science Story:

Finding Out About Bees for Kids:

Related All About Bees Facts:

All About Bees Printable Resources:

6 Comments

1. Ingrid Kron
    May 19, 2014 @ 11:59:42

My granddaughter, Ava did a fantastic job of relating what she had learned about bees. I love the idea of the lap book It is a great visual craft tool incorporating the basic facts of what you have learned.

2. Heidi
    May 19, 2014 @ 12:01:37

When I suggested we do a video I wasn’t sure how she would react. She like to “present” to me all the time and is always talking and explaining what she has learned. I thought it might be fun to video her doing this. While she was a little stiff and formal (and didn’t look at the camera much) I thought she did a great job.

3. Jennie
    May 20, 2014 @ 09:36:00

Wow, thanks for this! We had a really bad bought of wasps last year and all of my children were stung several times…by the end of the summer we were pretty much stuck inside because they were so bad! Now, all 3 of my boys are neurotic about bees even though I’ve explained over and over the difference between bees and wasps…maybe this will help them respect bees a bit more 😉

4. Heidi
    May 20, 2014 @ 10:16:30

Jennie, I think that situation would have had my husband running for the hills! Anything that buzzes is his enemy! It has rubbed off some on my son as well. This was a fun unit and whether good or bad I don’t know, but we have plenty of specimins to observe! LOL!

5. Think Outside Boxes Nature Box: 15 Ways We're Using It to Homeschool | An Off Grid Life
    Jul 23, 2019 @ 19:46:41

[…] includes plants that are great for bees. And we’ll pick and choose a few more ideas from this All About Bees Unit Study […]

6. Think Outside Nature Boxes: How We Use Them to Homeschool - THE MILLIONAIRE'S GAME
    Aug 21, 2021 @ 15:02:57