Thiel College, (pronounced Teal) is a homeschool friendly college, located in Greenville, Pennsylvania. Thiel college is a small, independent liberal arts, sciences, and professional studies college, boasting a student-faculty ratio of 11:1!
Thiel – A Homeschool Friendly College
Thiel College is located in the small community of Greenville in Mercer County, Pa. The campus is a 90-minute drive from both Pittsburgh and Cleveland – vibrant urban centers bustling with opportunity for internships, service learning, educational trips and entertainment – and a 40-minute drive from Youngstown, Ohio.
Thiel’s unique location allows students to enjoy both the wonders of nature abundant in the western Pennsylvania countryside, including a myriad of outdoor activities, and also take advantage of the dynamic cultural experiences offered in nearby cities.
What Makes Thiel a Homeschool Friendly College?
Homeschooled students are not only encouraged to apply for admission, but they are also eligible for merit-based scholarships and financial aid consideration. Thiel College prides itself on being a school that’s for students who learn differently.
Small Class Sizes
As I already mentioned, Thiel College boasts an incredible 11:1 student-faculty ratio. This benefits students by increasing their access to professors. And the professors? 80% of them hold the highest degree available in their field! That’s a lot of knowledge for our students to learn from.
Over 60 Areas of Study
Thiel College offers over 60 areas of study, including:
- Business and Accounting (Business Administration, Marketing, Human Resources, Accounting, and more)
- Communication (Communication Studies, Media & Journalism, Public Relations, and more)
- Education (Early Childhood, Secondary including Biology, Chemistry, English, Math and more)
- Health Sciences (Medical Technology, Nursing, Physician Assistant, Exercise Science and more)
- Humanities (Philosophy, Religion, English Literature, and more)
- Social Sciences (Political Science, Psychology, Sociology and more)
- Sciences (Biochemistry, Neuroscience, Environmental Science, Chemistry and more)
- Mathematics & Computer Science (Data Analytics, Mathematics, Information Systems E-Commerce, Actuarial Studies and more)
There are also various options for minors, Associate’s Degree Programs, and Duel Enrollment.
Thiel’s New Master’s Program
Thiel College has a new accelerated degree program which would be a great fit for motivated homeschoolers!
With their 5-year Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree pathway program students can complete their bachelor’s Degree at Thiel and earn their master’s in as little as 11 months!
Degrees available in this New Master’s Program are:
- Communication Sciences and Disorders/Speech-language Pathology
- Business and Accounting/MBA
- All other majors/Communication and Leadership
- Physician Assistant/Physician Assistant
- Psychology/Clinical Mental Health Counseling
(This bulleted list represents the Bachelor’s degree and the matching Master’s degree eligible for this program.)
Students benefit from a robust enrichment program that encourages cultural and educational excursions to major metropolitan areas, as well as domestic and study abroad opportunities.
100% of students complete one or more internships prior to graduation.
Impressive Success Rate
A full 95% of Thiel College graduates report that they are employed or studying in their field within 3 months of graduation.
In addition, graduates often go on to study at top institutions like Duke, Harvard, Oxford, University of Chicago, Vanderbilt, or Yale.
Learn More About Thiel College
So if your student is interested in a small liberal arts, homeschool friendly college, Thiel College may be just the right fit for them.