I am an avid reader. Somehow, all three of my children have acquired that trait. Needless to say we do A LOT of reading in our house and make countless trips to the library. Despite all of this I am very aware that not every child (or parent for that matter) loves to read. However, I feel reading is a super important part of life and learning and can be a huge benefit in keeping children’s minds active during the summer months. For this reason making summer reading fun is super important!
For this reason I have created a series of Summer Reading Lists With FREE Printables to help you find books that will interest your children. Along with these lists there are some other things you can do to make summer reading fun.
Summer Reading Fun
- Find a Summer Reading Program
- Create a Fun Reading Space
- 5 Fun Summer Reading Charts for Kids
- Offer Rewards
- Watch the Movies and Compare Them to the Books
- For other suggestions check out Stop Summer Slide by Encouraging Summer Reading