When you take on the very important job of homeschooling your kids, one of your main concerns is finding quality resources with which to teach them. One of the tricky subjects for many parents is homeschool math. While this is not a complete list, I have compiled a list of math resources to help you out.
This list includes curricula, games, teaching resources, both online and book, for free and paid. I asked around in homeschool groups, asked some homeschool experts, and included anything I have come across in the hope of offering a comprehensive place to find options to help you in your homeschool math endeavors.
I tried to use categories to break up the list but many fall across multiple ones so I did the best I could to put them in the most obvious groupings. For this reason be sure to read through all the categories as not to miss anything!
Also note that where it was obvious to me I noted if a program was common core aligned or not. There may be programs here that are common core aligned that I did not note as such because I may not have noticed that they were. I have not used all of these programs so please screen and choose as you see fit for your family.
Homeschool Math Curriculum
- Saxon Math – Find Saxon math from a homeschool moms perspective here.
- Singapore Math is one we use in our house from K-5. It is a solid mastery program that offers both light and heavier amounts of practice with the use of text, workbook, and optional extra practice books. My Singapore Math Review
- Math Mammoth is another program we have used throughout the years. One of the big bonuses is how affordable it is. They offer K-12 curriculum choices. Here is a review of Math Mammoth. My Math Mammoth Review
- ShillerMath – preK – pre-Algebra
- A+ Interactive Math – Online and print options from 1st grade through Algebra 1. Also offers affordable Adaptive Placement to help close math gaps.
- Math U See
- Teaching Textbooks – a disc or book based program for grades 3 through pre-Calculus with the disc versions offering automated grading. For Struggling Math Students, Compared to Other Math Programs.
- Right Start A Right Start Math Review
- Life of Fred – Here is some LOF Help – How to Use LOF Through High School
- CTC Math for Homeschoolers – an interactive, online math tutor. Family access gives you unlimited access to all lessons, across all grade levels (K-12). CTC vs. Teaching Textbooks
- Abeka Math
- Math Without Borders – high school level math (Algebra 1 & 2, Geometry, Trigonometry, Pre-Calculus, Calculus)
- Switched on Schoolhouse
- Bob Jones
Homeschool Math Curriculum Reviews
Online Homeschool Math Resources
- GPA Learn – Each grade has 150 lessons with real instruction and over 10,000 practice problems. (Appears to be Common Core)
- Adapted Mind – 1st -8th grade online interactive math
- Free Math – Covers math skills from grades 1-5
- Moby Max – Moby Max Math finds and fixes missing math skills that are essential for math comprehension. Moby Math is a comprehensive math curriculum for kindergarten to 8th grade. (Common Core)
- Education Unboxed
- Uzinggo Math is for grades 5-12 and in an online learning program. They offer science for these grades as well.
- Nononsense Algebra is both a book, and video lessons all geared towards mastering Algebra skills. My No-Nonsense Algebra Review
- Math Essentials – grades 4/5 though high school math curriculum books.
- FlexMath from the CK-12 Foundation, FlexMathprovides learning and practice in Algebra, Geometry, and Mental Math
- S.O.S MATHematics is a free resource for math review material from Algebra to Differential Equations.
- FREE Math Resource – Includes lessons in the building blocks of math required to be successful in high school math, as well as many algebra topics.
- Mr. D Math – Offering pre-Algebra through pre-Calculus plus SAT prep. My Mr. D Math Review
- IXL Math – IXL is an online program that actually covers K-12 math. Unlimited questions, adaptable, detailed reports, and even apps for your mobile devices.
- Math is Fun is a website for K-12 math curriculum based on the NYSED Curriculum. (Common Core)
- Prodigy – FREE online math game for grades 1-7. (Common Core)
- The Game That is Worth 1,000 Worksheets – using decks of regular cards to play games that teach math!
- Mangahigh – Adaptive games based math resource. Completely online resource with intuitive reporting.
- DragonBox Math Apps – DragonBox offers fun math apps for Algebra 5+, Algebra 12+, and Geometry. You can check out my review of Elements Geometry.
- Timez Attack – A favorite computer based game in our house. This offers games for addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. There are both free and paid versions.
Resources & Advice from Homeschool Moms
- Multiplying with LEGO Bricks, Early Math with LEGO Bricks, Learning Place Value with LEGO Re-Grouping Boards
- Loving Living Math a how-to guide for doing meaningful math outside the textbook.
- Get Rid of Math Gaps Once and for All
- Teaching Middle School Math
- Math Manipulatives: Why Use Them?
- Developing Math Problem Solving Skills
- 10 Things All Future Mathematicians and Scientists Must Know
- LEGO Math for Elementary School
- Using Life of Fred
- Math from The Homeschool Scientist
- Fraction Circles
- Hands on math (supplies and ideas)
- Math games
- Preschool Math Activities
- Fun Math Activities
- Number Rings Math Game
- Living Math Resources
- Splash Math Review
- Teaching Math Without Worksheets
- 30 Ways to Make Math Fun
- 100+ Living Math Activities
- Math review game using beach ball
- Math Gym
- Printable Multiplication Tools
- Notebooking in Mathematics
- Living Math: Explanations and Lesson Ideas
- Real World Math Resources
- Unlock Math Curriculum Review
- 10 Mathematics Manipulative Tools
- Khan Academy is a well known “FREE for Forever” site that has more than just math. But they have math curriculum for grades K-12.
- XrtaMath is a FREE web-based math fact fluency program that helps kids master addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division facts.
- Math-Drills.com – thousands of FREE math worksheets
- Math-Aids.com – Create randomly generated worksheets in your topic of choice
- FREE Math Copywork Printables for Algebra
- FREE Printable Large Cut-Out Numbers for Hands-On Math
- Favorite Free Resources for Teaching Math
- Free Math Curriculum Roundup
Sites to Buy Math Resources
Do you have resources you would add? Please tell us what and why it is such a great resource in the comments below.