Did you know that milk can become homemade ice cream in five minutes by using a bag? Use the following few ingredients and the 5 simple steps to make yourself the equivalent of 2 scoops of ice cream and some fun on a hot summer evening!
What you’ll need:
- 2 tablespoons sugar (Splenda works too!)
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons of table salt
- 1 pint-size plastic food storage bag (e.g., Ziploc)
- 1 gallon-size plastic food storage bag
- Ice cubes
How to make it:
- Put milk, vanilla, and sugar into the small bag, and seal it.
- Fill the large bag half full of ice, and add the salt.
- Place the small bag inside the large one, and seal it.
- Shake until the mixture is ice cream, which takes about 5 minutes. You can also set the bag in the freezer for a few minutes after this to firm it up a little more.
- Use your hands to slide the ice cream to the bottom of the little bag, then open it carefully. Enjoy!