Beat the Heat on a Hot Summer Evening
Did you know that milk can become homemade ice cream in five minutes by using a bag? Use the following few ingredients and the 5 simple steps to make yourself the equivalent of 2 scoops of ice cream and some fun on a hot summer evening!
What you’ll need:
- 2 tablespoons sugar (Splenda works too!)
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons of table salt
- 1 pint-size plastic food storage bag (e.g., Ziploc)
- 1 gallon-size plastic food storage bag
- Ice cubes
How to make it:
- Put milk, vanilla, and sugar into the small bag, and seal it.
- Fill the large bag half full of ice, and add the salt.
- Place the small bag inside the large one, and seal it.
- Shake until the mixture is ice cream, which takes about 5 minutes. You can also set the bag in the freezer for a few minutes after this to firm it up a little more.
- Use your hands to slide the ice cream to the bottom of the little bag, then open it carefully. Enjoy!
August 20, 2010 @ 10:01 am
This is a fun, fantastic idea for children to make their own dish of ice cream. I’m sure many that read your blog will love and use this idea. Chloe and Ava are certainly focused on their dish of delight.
August 20, 2010 @ 11:32 am
I love the shake… da…dar..dar…dunt
August 20, 2010 @ 1:07 pm
Yes Joey, The Shake was one of your favorite’s and I thought of you when I wrote it.
August 27, 2010 @ 1:45 pm
We’re totally trying this. Although I fear hot summer evenings are gone…